- Uses branded and community hashtags
- Tags popular users in their industry to increase visibility
- Authentic and genuine tone
- Asks a question at the beginning of caption
- Uses a community hashtag
- Encourages users to take action by viewing their Instagram Story
When writing captions, keep your ideal customer in mind. It’s tempting to try to attract everyone, but you’ll want to focus your efforts on the audience you want to attract. The first step to doing this is having strong branding behind you. This helps guide the words and voice you use when writing captions and other marketing copy.
Be strategic with captions, but also leave room to showcase who you are as a brand. Instagram’s lighthearted tone and engagement-first algorithm give you the opportunity to do so.